Monthly Mission Focus – Red Bird Mission
Red Bird Mission, guided by Jesus Christ, empowers individuals and advocates justice by providing spiritual, educational, health, and community outreach ministries in southeastern Kentucky. The need is great in this isolated, rural area where chronic poverty, lack of jobs, poor housing and rugged terrain create obstacles to a fuller life. Red Bird Mission strives to meet the needs of their neighbors through ministry in five areas: Education, Health & Wellness, Community Outreach, Economic Opportunity and Community Housing Improvement. Find out more about Red Bird Mission by visiting their website.
Honor someone special with a gift to the St. Mark’s Tree of Lights campaign!
Here are ways to support specific needs at Red Bird:
- $30 provides funds for a family to access the Food Pantry
- $35 educates a student for one day at Red Bird Christian School
- $50 provides funds for community health nurse visits to shut-in
- $90 feeds an isolated elderly person for one month
- $85 partners with a family to pay for a month of Christian preschool
- $120 pays balance of costs at Red Bird Dental Clinic for patient below the poverty line
You can also download a form with alternate giving information.