St. Mark’s Library
Lenten Reading Options:
- The Story of the Cross, May Joslin
- Easter stories: Classic Tales for the Easter Season
- The Women of Easter, Liz Curtis Higgs
- Make Room: A Child’s Guide to Lent & Easter-Alary
- Give Up Something Bad for Lent, Moore
- Family Celebrations at Easter, Hibbard
- Apostle Peter and the Last Supper (DVD)
- The Final Week of Jesus, Lucado
- The Case for Easter, Strobel
- Risen (DVD)
- Lord of the 40 Days: Meditations for Lent, Topping
Use the search term “Easter” to look for a complete listing of Lenten reading materials in the St. Mark’s Library catalog. A printed bibliography is also available on the checkout counter just inside the library door .
On the New Arrivals Shelf
Cross My Heart – Christian fiction author Robin Lee Hatcher weaves together a contemporary love story with a heartwarming tale of redemption.
Without You, There is No Us – A memoir by Suki Kim, who tells of her time as an English teacher for the sons of North Korean elites. (UMW Shelves)
The Forgiving Jar – Popular author Wanda Brunstetter’s novel about forgiveness and building relationships.
Hospitable Planet: Faith, Action and Climate Change – Stephen Jurovics asks what can we do about our environment and what would God have to say about the problems we face. (UMW Shelves)
Finding Chika – Best-selling author Mitch Albom relates the true story of a small Haitian child who became a member of his family following the recent devastating earthquake
Heartbeat of a Mother – Jane Rubietta offers encouragement for mothers in this inspirational book. (UMW Shelves)
Jesus is Alive: The Empty Tomb in Jerusalem – Jim Reimann (Children’s Shelf)
Did you know that….
- You can search the St. Mark’s online catalog by title, author, or subject with your phone, computer or iPad.
- Many books providing support for caregivers are available, including those involved with mental illness, aging issues, illness, and grief.
- A great many titles will also be found to provide support for Bible study, Christian living, Methodism, missionary work, inspirational leisure reading, and Christian education.
- A detailed database is stored offsite for insurance and backup purposes.
- An extensive collection of adult and children’s fiction titles is available.
- The AV collection includes close to 250 titles for children and adults.
- The average copyright date of the collection is a relatively recent 2003.
- Requests can be made or a hold placed on any title by leaving a note on the checkout counter or sending an email to [email protected].
- Suggestions for additions to the collection are always welcome.
- Gifts may be made to the library in the form of memorials or in honor of individuals. Recipients or their families are notified and commemorative book plates are placed in each donated item.
Questions and comments can be directed to the church librarians at [email protected].