St. Mark’s Library
Parents and Grandparents
A wide variety of resources for parents and grandparents is on display in the library this month, including the following titles:
- Grandma Was Right After All: Practical parenting wisdom
- The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children
- The Christian Parenting Handbook
- Fifty-two Things Kids Need from a Dad
- Parenting in the Pew: Guiding children into the joy of worship
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World
- Better Together…Because you’re not meant to mom alone
An extensive bibliography of other parenting resources will also be found on the library checkout counter or the online catalog using the search term “parenting”.
Discernment – A collection gathering Henri Nouwen’s wisdom about the practice of spiritual discernment.
On Their Own – Martha Shirk takes a look at ten real life children and the impact on their lives of being on their own as they age out of the foster care system.
Daring to Hope – The true story of Katie Davis Majors, who moved to Uganda, founded an organization caring for vulnerable children, and eventually took thirteen girls into her own family to raise.
I Lived on Parker Avenue (DVD) – A documentary of an Indiana unwed mother’s agony in choosing what was best for her child, the joy of a family starting a family, and a young man’s search for where his life began.
Tidewater Inn – A story of intrigue and mystery set in the Outer Banks by Colleen Coble.
Daily Guideposts 2018 (Large print edition) – Numerous contributors reflect on the theme of unfailing love.
Enough: Discovering joy through simplicity & generosity – by Adam Hamilton.
More Than Meets the Eye – Award winning author Karen Witemeyer weaves a tale of a family threatened, but determined to find justice.
Did you know that….
- You can search the St. Mark’s online catalog by title, author, or subject with your phone, computer or iPad.
- Many books providing support for caregivers are available, including those involved with mental illness, aging issues, illness, and grief.
- A great many titles will also be found to provide support for Bible study, Christian living, Methodism, missionary work, inspirational leisure reading, and Christian education.
- A detailed database is stored offsite for insurance and backup purposes.
- An extensive collection of adult and children’s fiction titles is available.
- The AV collection includes close to 250 titles for children and adults.
- The average copyright date of the collection is a relatively recent 2003.
- Requests can be made or a hold placed on any title by leaving a note on the checkout counter or sending an email to [email protected].
- Suggestions for additions to the collection are always welcome.
- Gifts may be made to the library in the form of memorials or in honor of individuals. Recipients or their families are notified and commemorative book plates are placed in each donated item.
Questions and comments can be directed to the church librarians at [email protected].