United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in global ministries of the church.
- The United Methodist Women are hosting a sale featuring 25 vendors with unique, handmade items perfect for holiday gifting and decorating!
- Come shop and then enjoy a light lunch or snack at the Candy Cane Café!
- Booth space is still available for $35 a table. Reserved table forms are available in the church office or contact Ada Hoffmaster at email@example.com or click here to sign up on line.
UMW Spiritual Retreat "RETREAT, REFRESH, RENEW" Saturday & Sunday, October 28 - 29
Epworth Forest Conference Center, Dueker Waterfront Lodge in North Webster, IN
Retreat with us for a camp style weekend of friendship, reflection and spiritual renewal led by Pastor Mary Ann Moman. Click here to register!
- Cost is $40 per person and includes dormitory (bunk) style housing, linens, retreat materials and three meals.
- Space is limited to 30 registrants. There will be a waiting list, so please contact a committee member if you register and are unable to attend.
- Please make checks payable to UMW and drop off or send to the church.
St. Mark's United Methodist Women
4780 E. 126th St.
Carmel, IN 46033
- Contact Miriam Taylor with any questions.
United Methodist Women Assembly 2018
- Plan now to attend this 150 year old movement of United Methodist Women as we gather at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio, to celebrate THE POWER OF BOLD May 18-20, 2018!
- Online Registration is expected to open September 1, 2017. The Assembly 2018 website is www.umwassembly.org!
UMW meetings monthly, on the second Tuesday of each month from September to May. We offer two meeting times - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. We hope you will join us!
Childcare is available by registering your child on Sign Up Genius at least 72 hours in advance.
Make reservations for child care.
Morning Interest Groups
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH Facilitator: Pastor Mary Ann Moman
This group will use the book Between the Dark and the Daylight by Joan Chittister. The subtitle of the book suggests we will look at the contradictions of life as a source of spiritual strength. Books will be available at the September Kick-Off.
- BOOKWORMS Facilitator: Robyn Robeson
Bookworms will hold a brief meeting where we will discuss what books you would like to read this year. So come join us and bring ideas for books.
- MAKE IT AND TAKE IT Facilitators: Marilyn Roberts and Kathy Dycus
Discover your inner creativity each month as we make a craft or food item to take home. There will be a brief preview of things that we plan to make during the UMW year.
- COLOR AND CHAT Facilitator: Becky Mills
Coloring isn’t just for kids! Come enjoy fellowship while coloring with UMW friends. This group will color and discuss pages with inspirational quotes and scriptures.
- BOOKMARKERS: Facilitator Deb Skinner
This group will briefly meet at the evening September Kick-Off and discuss possible books to read for the coming UMW year.
- SPIRITUAL REFLECTIONS: Facilitator Holly Moore
Applying biblical study to our everyday lives. This group uses a series of videos and study guides to help us apply the teachings of Jesus to our life challenges.
UMW Reading Program
A nation-wide program that seeks to broaden members’ exposure to a variety of topics.
During the year the group reads books from five categories.
- January: Education for Mission
- March: Leadership Development
- June: Nurturing for Community
- August: Social Action
- October: Spiritual Growth
Click here to find out more about UMW.